Cookies - what are they?
A “cookie” is a small text file that’s stored on your computer, tablet or phone when you visit a website.
Some cookies are deleted when you close down your browser. These are known as session cookies. Others remain on your device until they expire or you delete them from your cache. These are known as persistent cookies and enable us to remember things about you as a returning visitor.
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org. Alternatively, you can search the internet for other independent information on cookies.
Cookies – how we use them
If you delete cookies relating to this website we will not remember things about you, including your cookie preferences, and you will be treated as a first-time visitor the next time you visit the site.
· Provide products and services that you request and to provide a secure online environment
· Give you a better online experience and track website performance
· Help us make our website more relevant to you
Here we explain a bit more about each of these types of cookies and how you can control their use
Essential cookies are used to:
· deliver interactive services
Cookies make our online services easier to use and help us to understand how people use our websites. For example, amongst other things they will:
· Remember relevant information as you browse from page to page to save you re-entering the same information repeatedly
· Enabling us to customise your online experience based upon your individual circumstances
We also use this type of cookie to understand how visitors use our online services and look for ways to improve them. We use Google Analytics to tell us how our website is accessed and which pages are most viewed which gives us valuable information to help improve our website.
These cookies are used to ensure that we present you with relevant information.
If you have any questions about cookies and why we use them, please do not hesitate to contact us.